The product to be used in all rounds of the ICSC role-play competition will be DeskTops and Virtual Apps by Citrix (formally Xendesktop and XenApp)**
** buyers will accept old names or new names.
Citrix Desktops provides secure remote access to employees while cutting IT costs. Citrix provides a complete virtual app and desktop solution to meet all your needs. Desktops gives employees the freedom to work from anywhere. Deliver a variety of applications or a full virtual desktops to workers on any device, anywhere.
Citrix Desktops Benefits
- Cost savings because resources can be shared and allocated on an as-needed basis.
- More efficient use of resources and energy.
- Improved data integrity because backup is centralized.
- Centralized administration.
- Fewer compatibility issues.
Citrix Virtual Apps provide secure remote access to employees while cutting IT costs
Citrix Virtual Apps Benefits
- Freedom to work from anywhere
- Deliver Windows, Linux, web and SaaS applications
- Skype for Business
- Effective use of MIcrosoft Azure
- Centrally deliver graphics-intensive 3D apps and CAD on standard business level PCs
Information about the product
Below are minimum recommendations
- What is Citrix XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Real World Use Cases
- University of Florida Education use case
- Access XenDesktop apps and desktops from Citrix Cloud
- Basics of Citrix Cloud
- Comparison of Xendesktop to VMWare Horizons
- Special pricing of Xendesktop for ICSC competition
The Citrix Virtual Desktop Demo
- Go to App store
- Search Citrix Workspace
- ¨Install¨ and Open
- Click on “Try Demo”
- Sign up
- Click Windows Desktop
- Check your email if they ask you for a password; if not, you’re ready!
- Click the Windows flag in the upper left corner for your menu drop down and you can go from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQDAMCzkhHc The Difference Between VDI and Terminal Server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK1ZseX2Co What is Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)