|A two-day event October 10-11 to celebrate the sales profession. This will include a sales-only career fair, a “Speed Selling” competition, an evening networking event, and a sales role-play competition.
Link to Print Parking Pass
Link to Unload/Load and Parking Instructions
Link to Area Map
Here is an outline of the events:
- On Thursday morning setup for the Career Fair in the Student Union Ballroom is from 8:30 AM to 10 AM. The Career Fair opens at 10 AM and runs to 4 PM.
- The Internal Competition will be from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM. You will have access to view the competition in the Starry Conference Room 214.
- Lunch will be provided for all recruiting companies 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM in the Student Union Ballroom. The Career Fair will remain open during this time.
- The Speed Selling and Networking Competition for Advanced Sales students will be held at the FSU Alumni Center starting at 5 PM followed by a cash bar networking event for College of Business seniors and sales majors.
- A limited number of Interview Rooms will be available on Friday from 8:30 AM until. Prior reservations are needed to assure we can accommodate everyone so be sure to make the request during the registration process.
- On Friday, the final round of the Speed Selling Competition will be from 11:30 – 11:45 AM followed by the Awards Luncheon from 11:45 AM – 1:30 PM, scholarship awards will be presented at this time. Tickets are $40 pp, review the 2019 Summary of Partnership Participation for seat allotment. The Awards Luncheon will take place at the FSU Alumni Center, Rendina Room. If you are also scheduling Interviews, be sure to allow a break time span for the Awards Luncheon.
A more detailed Agenda can be found here.
The Seminole Sales Showcase is open to all FSU Sales Institute Partners in good standing for the 2019/20 academic year. Thursday lunch and networking evening reception are included in your sponsorship donation. Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of attendees. Registration deadline is Friday, September 27th at noon.
Sponsors have been preassigned a spot based on your sponsorship level, either a 6′ space, 8′ space or 10′ x 10′ space. There are no exceptions to space allocations. Standard setup includes a 6′ rectangular table with two chairs. If you plan to bring a booth or different setup to use within your allocated space, or if you do not need a 6′ table please let us know by contacting Shannon Young by phone (850) 644-9657 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors are responsible for bringing dressing for their table as well as any tabletop display and or materials that are not shipped. Shipped materials will be at your assigned location upon your arrival. If you are returning your materials by way of mail, a prepaid shipping label to include pickup costs MUST be included for its return. Sponsors should package the items for return, seal the box(es), and affix the prepaid shipping labels. Your shipment(s) will be picked up from you and shipped for return within 1-2 of business days.
Parking for sponsors is available in the College of Business small gated lot. Parking will be available between 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM. There will be a parking attendant available during this time to provide you with access to the lot. Do not back into parking spaces as it is not permitted and be sure to display your parking pass in the dashboard. Parking on Campus is very strict and monitored so be sure to follow these steps to avoid Citation. Parking is only allowed on campus in the area which is reserved for you. If there are any questions or problems, contact Shannon Young at (850) 570-4826 before leaving your car.
A limited number of Interview Rooms will be available on Friday from 8:30 AM until. Prior reservations are required to assure we can accommodate everyone. One interview room per sponsor company may be requested during the registration process.
Interviewees should be told to report to the Sales Lab, College of Business, 226 at the time of their scheduled appointment and have a seat on the bench in the hallway.
Sponsors will be shown to their assigned interview room on Friday morning. At the time of the scheduled interview, sponsors will pick up interviewee in the front of the Sales Lab.
Meals will be based on attendee registrations that are completed by noon on Friday, September 27th. If you have a special dietary need please indicate such during the registration process. We will place a food order based on the registrations received. Lunch on Thursday and food at the Thursday reception will be provided to registered sponsors in attendance. Shannon Young will follow-up with sponsors that request seating at the Awards Luncheon.
Attending the Awards Luncheon then returning to campus? If so, complete the Seminole Sales Showcase Parking Request form ASAP and email to Shannon Young. If you are driving your personal car and can send in advance, that would be ideal. Parking on campus is very strict! To avoid a Citation you must complete the form.
If you need electricity at your space during the Career Fair, be sure to indicate the need during the registration process. Requests are required by noon on Friday, September 27th.
You may ship material to Shannon Young, Florida State University COB, 821 Academic Way, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1110. If you would like your material returned, a prepaid shipping label to include pickup charges is REQUIRED as we do not have space to store items. Either UPS or FEDEX can be used as the shipping method.
It is suggested that you have your items delivered a couple of days in advance. This will give you the ability to confirm delivery as well as provide you with time to track down your shipments if there is a problem. Once you confirm delivery through the carrier, you may confirm receipt of shipment by providing tracking information and the description of materials to Shannon Young, email@example.com. Remember your tablecloth(s)!
Here is the list of hotels closest to campus:
Four Points By Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown,
316 W. Tennessee Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
200 N. Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
415 N. Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Residence Inn Tallahassee Universities at the Capitol by Marriott
600 W. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304
For more information, please contact the FSU Sales Institute Director, Pat Pallentino at firstname.lastname@example.org.