Speed Interviewing Event Caribe Royale Convention Center –Grand Sierra D & E Round 1 Wednesday Check no later than 5:00 PM
The top ten finalist will each earn points towards the Collegiate World Cup of Sales.
When you check in you will receive the four score sheets for your companies
- Review the opportunities at https://fsusalesinstitute.com/jobs
- Each student selects, 4 companies. The earlier you do this, the better your chance of getting all 4.
- SEE THE LAST PAGE FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT SELECTING YOUR COMPANY
- Your objective is to get an appointment for a job or internship
- Each university can register two competitors initially. If all slots are not filled close to the event, universities will be able to register additional competitors until all slots are filled.
- DEADLINE IS Wednesday, October 23 AT 12 NOON
- Students should find out as much as possible about the company and the job/INTERNSHIPS being All companies can be found at www.fsusalesinstitute.com/jobs.
- Prepare and practice a 60-‐90 second introductory elevator speech you will give to the company representative at the event for each of the 4 companies you are Your speech should introduce you, your major and graduation date. Then say something about what you have learned about the company that is of interest to you and what skills or knowledge you have that brings value to the company. You will be one of 4 students sitting at a table with a recruiter and in turn giving your elevator speech. Start by presenting your score sheet and then give your speech. The recruiter will cut you off at 90 seconds so plan well.
- See judging criteria on next Page
- The students with the top 10 scores will go to round 2
- Round 2 will occur on Saturday morning starting at 8:30 AM in the viewing room for the role-play Final four. Round 2 will consist of an onstage 90 second elevator speech seeking a job interview with Gartner
Scholarships provided by State Farm Insurance:
First place -‐ $1,000
Second Place –$750
Third Place –$500
On Wednesday before the opening welcome, check no later than 5 PM at the Royal Caribe Convention Center –Grand Sierra D & E. Get your 4 score sheets and attend the opening welcome. Competition will start immediately following the welcome in the same room. At the end of the welcome meeting go sit at your first company table.
Speed Selling Competition Criteria
Judge will then select the one “hire” from the current group. This is worth 20 bonus points.
Instructions for Selecting Your Speed Selling Companies
First become familiar with the companies attending ICSC 2019. Many are not familiar names but all offer excellent career opportunities.
You will present your credentials to four companies in four rounds. Company selection will open on or about September 20 via an email to all registered coaches and other noted faculty on the university registration system. There are 16 available slots for each company and once all slots for a company are filled that company will no longer be available.
World Cup Points
Points earned towards the Collegiate World Cup of Sales per competitor is as follows:
|Round 1||Points||Go to Case Round 2|
|200 or more total points||25||No|