Check in by 4 PM on Friday at the Royal Caribe Convention Center Caribbean IV-V
- REVIEW THE COMPANY AND OPPORTUNITY JOBS AT http://fsusalesinstitute.com/jobs
- Each student selects, in priority order their 4 top choices of companies to You will do our best to assign at least 3 of those choices. The earlier you do this, the better your chance of getting all 4.
- Your objective is to get an appointment for a job or internship
- Click on this link and enter your name, email and choices of companies
DEADLINE IS Friday, October 20 AT 12 NOON
The first 140 students to register will participate. Any number from a university can play,
Your final 4 assigned companies will be emailed to you by noon on Wednesday, October 25th.
- Students should find out as much as possible about the company and the job/INTERNSHIPS being All companies can be found at www.fsusalesinstitute.com/jobs.
- Prepare and practice a 60-‐90 second introductory elevator speech you will give to the company representative at the event for each of the 4 companies you are Your speech should introduce you, your major and graduation date. Then say something about what you have learned about the company that is of interest to you and what skills or knowledge you have that brings value to the company. You will be one of 4-‐5 students sitting at a table with a recruiter and in turn giving your elevator speech. Start by presenting your score sheet and then give your speech. The recruiter will cut you off at 90 seconds so plan well.
- See judging criteria below
- The students with the top 10 scores will go to round 2
- Round 2 will occur on Saturday morning starting at 8:30 AM in the viewing room for the role-play Final Four. Round 2 will consist of an onstage 90 second elevator speech seeking a job interview with American Traveler.
Scholarships provided by State Farm Insurance:
First place -‐ $1,000
Second place -‐ $750
Third place -‐ $500
On Friday check in by 4 PM at the Royal Caribe Convention Center –Caribbean IV-V. Get your 5 score sheets and go sit at your first company table. Competition will start promptly at 4:15.
Speed Selling Competition Criteria
The goal of the speech is to get an appointment for a job interview. Numbers in parenthesis are points
- CONTENT -‐ Clearly demonstrated knowledge of the company, its products and at least one key quality, skill or experience sought in a new sales (60)
- Company mission or branding (15)
- Product or product category (15)
- Important/critical characteristic of a new sales hire (10)
- Creatively linked the content related to the company and its products to skills, knowledge and/or experiences of the (15)
- Included a “Call to action” to proceed to the next step in the hiring process (5)
- DELIVERY -‐ A strong professional impact resulting in accepting the call to (40)
- Appearance and body language
- Neat and professional dress (5)
- Appropriate eye contact and lack of distracting body movements (5)
- Volume adequate to be heard (5)
- Words clearly spoken and a tempo neither too fast or too slow (5)
- Demonstrated strength and confidence (5)
- Correct pronunciation (5)
- No filler words such as “ums”, “you knows” “actually” , etc (10)
- Appearance and body language
Judge will then select the one “hire” from the current group. This is worth 20 bonus points.